Physical & Chemical Changes in the Digestive System
1. What are some examples of changes, that occur during digestion, produce a result that indicates a chemical change has occurred?
when food has entered your digestive system, your system releases a chemical that changes into one solid and liquid to get out of your body, so a chemical change has occurred.
2. The table provides information on the function of different digestive structures. Which of the digestive structures in the table can cause a chemical change to occur?
3. What are some examples of physical changes that occur during digestion?
when your esophaugus changes the food into something smaller to go through your esophagus
4. What are some examples of chemical changes during digestion?
when your stomach releases an acid to break down the food you eat
5. Label each statement as a physical or chemical change during digestion:
a. Food gets squeezed into a different shape when passing through the esophagus-
b. Enzymes break down fat droplets into fatty acids and glycerol-physical
c. Starch is changed into disaccharide maltose in the small intestine-
d. Hydrochloric acid breaks down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats in the stomach-