1. What is the formula for density?D=M/V
2. What is the density of the rock in g/ml? The mass of the rock is 70 grams and it is dropped into the graduated cylinder with 30 ml of water in it. The water level rose as shown.
3. A student has a substance with the density of 1.28g/cm3. Which sample does the student have? Sample 4
1) 89/75= 1.86
2) 26/25= 1.04
3) 23/100= .23
4) 160/125= 1.28
4. A student has a sample of an element that has a volume of 6.7cm3 and a mass of 75.7 g. Based on the density, which element on the table could it be?
5. The table provided identifies a substance based on its density. A sample of an unknown substance has a mass of 89 grams and a volume of 10 cm³. Based on its density, it could be which of the following substances?8.9, Copper
6. A sample of an unknown substance has a mass of 28.8 grams and a volume of 4 cm³. Based on its density, it could be which of the following substances?7.2, Tin
7. A diamond’s density is 3.2 g/cm³. Determine the volume of a diamond that has a mass of 1 g.
8. A rock’s density is 5 g/cm³. Determine the mass of the rock if it has a volume of 20 cm³.100 g
9. A sapphire’s density is 3.98 g/cm³. Which of the following gemstones, based on its density, might be a sapphire?B Gemstone
A Gemstone #1: mass =1 g, volume =1 cm³
B Gemstone #2: mass =7.96 g, volume =2 cm³
C Gemstone #3: mass =50 g, volume =4 cm³
D Gemstone #4: mass =25.6 g, volume =8 cm³