- Statement #1: All organisms are made up of one or more cells.
the fishes, koalas, and Earth have organisms that are completley made up of cells
- Statement #2: All the life functions of an organism occur within cells.
- Statement #3: All cells come from preexisting cells.
the baby tiger was a new organism made of cells that was formed by another organism (the mother) that is also made up of cells.
3. In BOTH animal & plant cells
Nucleus- command center/ boss
Golgi- pack up proteins that are ready to be sent out to your body
Lysosome- break down food, cell waste, and worn out cell parts
Cell Membrane- regulates the chemical balance of the cell
Mitochondria- break down food and release energy
Vacuole- storage organelles that hang on to water, waste products and food until they're needed
Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum- used to create and store large molecules, like steroids, and to store charged particles called ions.
Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum- studded with smaller structures called ribosomes
Ribosomes- responsible for making proteins
Only in plant cells
Cell Wall- acts as an extra layer of protection
Chloroplasts- plasma that is like jelly that keeps everything in place.
5. plant cells have chloroplasts and a cell wall unlike an animal cell.
6. Nervous System- nucleus
Digestive System- lysosome
Excretory System- cell membrane
Skeletal System- cell wall